NetGamers.org

NetGamers.Org - The Premier Online Gaming Network
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:06 am 
Channel Services

Hi Everyone,

As you may have noticed we've been having a few issues with our domain, and while we did manage to get a work-around in place the netgamers.org domain has been unavailable for a little while.

I'll briefly explain what happened, though its not a particularly interesting story;

We are all volunteers as you know, new staff come in and old staff go away as their priorities change. One of these people was the owner of the netgamers.org domain, and when it came up for renewal they were not around to tell us or, obviously, renew it. It took us a long while to get information from the host/registrar and to actually get them to hand the domain over to us. There were also problems with the host for the website, so we had to arrange for that to be moved.

All in all, this took far longer than it should have. I assure you this was not due to a lack of effort on our part. There may be teething problems with a new DNS and website host, but we expect these to be incidental to the majority of our users. Please do come and see us if you have any problems. In reality this should actually increase both the performance of not only our site and DNS (with which we have had some issues in the past) but also our ability to support and develop our services.

Let me extend our apologies to our users and Partners who were affected by this, and thank you all for patiently awaiting the resolution. A special thanks to those of you who came to #feds to offer help and support.

http://www.netgamers.org is now working again, as is the irc.netgamers.org dns round-robin for connecting to the network. If anyone has any issue with nickname registration, channel registrations or any other P services, please go to #cservice who will be happy to help you. Any other 'network' issues as ever can be brought to #feds, simply PM me (Jedi) on IRC.

If you edited your Hosts file during the downtime to access the site, you should now remove this entry - the site has moved to a new IP address.

Thank you,

Jedi

On behalf of the Netgamers staff.